Wednesday 7 December 2022 Rāapa 7 Hakikea 2022
Term 4 Week 8 A
May today bring you peace within.
May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are both of faith in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing that you are a child of God.
Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.
- Takapuna Summer Camp will be run by St Joseph’s Parish Takapuna from 22-26 January 2023 at Sonshine Ranch, Clevedon. If you would like to attend, please register at the link: https://takapunacatholic.org.nz/youth/summercamp/teencampers. For more information please see Ms Fernandes or Mrs van Wyk in FC2. This camp will be a very enriching and fun-filled experience offering you the opportunity to make new friends and deepen your faith.
- Christmas Appeal for De Paul House It's that time of year when we look to slightly change the goods and foodstuffs we donate to De Paul House, with an emphasis on Christmas Goodies! Here are the things you and your sons are asked to bring to school over the remainder of this term: treats like chips, snacks, chocolates, sweets, jellies, meat vouchers, supermarket vouchers, movie passes, family zoo passes. Please NO Christmas cake or mince pies. You may also drop them off at De Paul House on Onewa Rd.
The need for "ordinary" foodstuffs continues as a huge demand will be made on the De Paul House Foodbank over the Christmas period (see Housekeeping notice below). The Rosminian Community has been hugely generous towards De Paul House and we urge you to continue this generosity so that "Charity will continue to fulfil the Law" here at Rosmini College.
- Please return all textbooks and library books to the library before you leave school this term. Library books can also be renewed. Just bring your books back to renew them. Textbooks may also be returned to the blue crate that's in the Auditorium foyer. You are welcome to borrow library books for the holidays! These will be due back on 7 February 2023.
Rosmini College is currently looking for local homestay families for international students, for between 4 weeks to a year. Our homestays provide students guidance, their own room, all meals and snacks, and integrate them into their homes. And, our homestays are remunerated $320 pw for every student in their care. If you think you could be a homestay for a Rosmini student, please contact Mrs Misook Rylev for further information at [email protected].
Mass every Wednesday 12:50 to 1:20pm in the Chapel. Come and spend this time with the Lord. All are invited.
- Itinerant Music Lessons 2023 If you would like to sign up for itinerant music lessons here at school for next year, please check with your parents and then complete the following form: https://forms.gle/FQSdm3koncVzqMYM7 If you had lessons this year and would like to continue next year, you will need to sign up again.
Senior Years 11 - 13
Junior Years 9 & 10
Intermediate Years 7 & 8
Students, please take responsibility for your uniform and personal items. Name it - Look after it - Collect it! Lost property is now to be collected from Mr Moverley in E11. You may email [email protected] if you have a lost item. The onus is on you, the student, to collect your items from Lost Property during your break.
If you need to purchase new PE Uniform for your son, you can do this through our new supplier, Dynasty. The link to the purchasing site for the uniform is: www.dynastyteamstore.co.nz/collections/rosmini-college. All uniforms ordered will be delivered to your home address. The P.E shorts are also used for various junior sports teams and zone days so your son will be able to use these in the various sports codes offered at the school. Visit the school website for more information.
2022 Rosminian Magazine The 2022 Rosminian Magazine is our annual yearbook which can now be pre-ordered and paid via your KAMAR school account. A charge of $35 has been added to all Eldest and Only student accounts. Please note that this is an OPTIONAL charge. If you do not wish to preorder/purchase then you can opt out by emailing [email protected] and we will remove the charge from your account. Please include your son's student ID number on the opt out email. The 2022 Rosminian will be available in February 2023 and a copy will be posted out to all 2022 Yr13 leavers who have pre ordered and paid.
A special opportunity to purchase second hand uniforms will be available via the online Kindo Shop opening on 23rd Jan 2023 with orders ready to be collected on Friday 27thJan 2023, between 10am-12noon. After the 27th, normal term dates will resume as follows: Sales are open in the first two weeks of every term and processed at the end of week three, for students to collect, when notified. Donations of current school uniform, in good condition are welcomed. Please drop them into the school office in the last week of each term.
Back up data! If you are saving any work in your student folder please ensure that you are taking responsibility for your work by backing it up. Work can be backed up using a USB, to the cloud, external hard drive and so on. Saving it on school accounts / folders is not enough.
- De Paul House for food bank wish list: Med-large tins of tuna, salmon, corned beef, pasta sauces, meal sauces, tea, coffee, milo, biscuits, crackers, muesli bars. Personal care: shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap. Household: laundry and dishwashing liquid, spray and wipe.
Food items can be dropped at the Office door of De Paul House, 92-96 Onewa Road, Northcote Point (phone 09 480 5959) or brought to the school by your son. Remember, every gift fulfils our School's motto, "Charity Fulfils the Law".
Reminders for students: A) You must attend in uniform and please ensure you are neat and tidy. You are representing the college when in public. B) Please do not go through St Joseph’s School. C) Rules around student cars in school still apply. Please do not bring your car into school and please do not park in school, St Joseph’s school carpark, St Joseph’s Parish, Lake House Arts nor the Church of Latter Day Saints Car Park.
Carpark and front of the school is out of bounds before and after school and during breaks.
Please DO NOT TOUCH or MOVE any of the pest traps at school.