Tuesday 5 December 2023 Rātu 5 Hakikea 2023
Term 4 Week 9 A
Disturb us, Lord, when
We are too well pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we have dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when
With the abundance of things we possess
We have lost our thirst
For the waters of life;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision
Of the new Heaven to dim.
Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wider seas
Where storms will show your mastery;
Where losing sight of land,
We shall find the stars.
We ask You to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push into the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.
-Sir Francis Drake
- Pray the Angelus today, at the beginning of lunch, in the chapel. All welcome.
- International student meeting every Tuesday at form time (8.55am) in A4.
- To celebrate its 50th anniversary the Spirit of Adventure Trust is offering voyages for half price! The promotional discount is available for bookings from the start of the promotional period 24 November – 31 July for voyages taking place from 01 January - 31 July. There is a limited number of discounted voyages available so get in quick! See more info here.
- Rosmini Scarves are back in stock! Get yours for $35.00 from student services.
- De Paul House Christmas Food Appeal There’s just a few weeks till Christmas and De Paul House would love your support to help make it special for families. The foodbank wishlist includes: jam, honey, tinned fruit, biscuits, instant noodles, muesli bars, coffee, coconut, milk, canned vegetables, corned beef, tuna, flour, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, dishwashing liquid.Christmas treats needed include: Chocolates, Sweets, Chips, Popcorn, Biscuits.You can also bless a family this Christmas by donating via the website or online banking. Visit www.depaulhouse.org.nz/donations and select ‘Christmas’. Online banking: BNZ 02-0278-0059429-02
- Please return all Textbooks either to the Library or the red crates/Returns Boxes in the Auditorium after your exam. All Textbooks and Library books must be returned to the library before the last day of term - Friday 8 December 2023. Thank you.
Don't forget your holiday reading! If you have returned all your books, you can borrow for the holidays. These will be due back on 8 February, 2024.
Senior Years 11 - 13
Junior Years 9 & 10
Intermediate Years 7 & 8
Students, please take responsibility for your uniform and personal items. Name it - Look after it - Collect it! Lost property is now to be collected from Mr Moverley in E11. You may email [email protected] if you have a lost item. The onus is on you, the student, to collect your items from Lost Property during your break.
Mathematics Holidays: Ms Knight will be running a private "Booster" Mathematics programme during the holidays for Year 6-8 students. Please email [email protected] for more information.
- Rosmini Rugby is hosting a RIP Rugby Carnival as a 1st XV Rugby Development Australia fundraiser at the College on Saturday 20 January from 9am.
There will be two grades - Mixed social (minimum 3 female) and Open Grade. Quick fire '20 minute' games will be played throughout the round robin competition. Age 15+.
BBQ and Refreshments will be available all day, as well as a band, prizes and social activities. North Harbour Rugby's carnival caravan will be onsite pumping out festive tunes making it an awesome day out for the whole family!
Bar facilities will be available between 12-8pm in the Auditorium with alcoholic and non-alcoholic refreshments. Alcohol sales restricted to R18 and minors in the auditorium must be accompanied by their parents at all times.
The cost is $200 per team, up to 10 in a team. Registrations Close December 15.
Sign up here or contact Joseph O'Reilly if you'd like more information [email protected]
- Rosmini Rugby Job Squad to the rescue! Summer's coming... do you need some work done around the house or garden? Book our Rosmini Development Rugby Squad to come and do it for you!
As part of their fundraising efforts for the 2024 Gold Coast trip, the boys are ready for some hard (or easy) mahi to help get them there.
Whether it's clearing weeds, painting a fence, or washing your cars, register your job here and one of the team will be in touch to arrange a visit from the hardworking squad. Thanks for supporting Rosmini Rugby!
Our second hand uniform shop is not only able to donate funds back to the school for the benefit of our boys, but serves the community in reducing costs for families as well as having positive environmental impacts. The PTFA would like to thank parents for their support in whichever way they have contributed.
If any families have current Rosmini uniforms in good condition that you no longer require and are able to donate to the PTFA, it would be very much appreciated. Please drop into the school office at your earliest convenience, these will be gladly accepted!
- 2023 Rosminian Magazine The 2023 Rosminian Magazine is our annual yearbook which can now be pre-ordered and paid via your KAMAR school account. A charge of $35 has been added to all Eldest and Only student accounts. Please note that this is an OPTIONAL charge. If you do not wish to preorder/purchase then you can opt out by emailing [email protected] and we will remove the charge from your account. Please include your son's student ID number on the opt out email. The 2023 Rosminian will be available in February 2024 and a copy will be posted out to all 2023 Yr13 leavers who have pre ordered and paid.
- Rosmini’s Guidance Counsellor Mr Chris Caruana invites parents and students to contact him with any issues and concerns. He’s here to help! Please email him at [email protected] to make an appointment.
- Rosmini College is looking for local homestay families for international high school students. Our homestays provide students guidance, their own room, all meals and snacks, and integrate them into their homes for a year. Homestays are rewarded with a fun and enriching experience of learning about a new culture and forming lasting global friendships. In 2024, our homestays are remunerated $360pw for every student in their care ($385 for individuals under 15 years old). Please email Christina Hodder at [email protected]
Parents: If your son is / or going to be absent, late, or going to an appointment during the day please email [email protected] or login to the parent portal on the school website to report the absence.
Back up data! If you are saving any work in your student folder please ensure that you are taking responsibility for your work by backing it up. Work can be backed up using a USB, to the cloud, external hard drive and so on. Saving it on school accounts / folders is not enough.
- Reminders for students: A) You must attend in uniform and please ensure you are neat and tidy. You are representing the college when in public. B) Please do not go through St Joseph’s School. C) Rules around student cars in school still apply. Please do not bring your car into school and please do not park in school, St Joseph’s school carpark, St Joseph’s Parish, Lake House Arts nor the Church of Latter Day Saints Car Park.
- Carpark, E Block carpark and front of the school is out of bounds before and after school and during breaks.
Please DO NOT TOUCH or MOVE any of the pest traps at school.